Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Marketing Challenge

Well its been about two months now and I have sold over 40 copies of "Carly's Wish."
The marketing for the book has proven to be a challenge so far. I have taken copies to a couple of public libraries and gotten them onto the children's department shelves and have been offered the opportunity for a book signing. I have established a website and tried promotion through outlets such as Amazon, Facebook, MySpace, Craigslist, and Ebay. So far the only of these to have resulted in any sales is MySpace and Facebook.
Where do I go from here, I'm not sure. I will keep you posted once I have talked with a few other authors to see how they have done it.
When all is said and done, I am not unhappy with the results so far. The work I've done marking the book to date has not been that difficult and I have learned a lot along the way.

1 comment: